Get to Know Us
Faida MaLi (Faida Market Link is a non-profit company with a social mission of empowering women and men in Rural Tanzania to access markets through capacity building of community based organizations and implementation of Market Linkage (ML) approach in order to increase income and create employment opportunities in rural areas
The Company was established in 2003, after realization that small scale farmers are often unable to take advantage of the increasing opportunities for entrepreneurial development offered by market liberalization and private agro-industrial investment.
Faida MaLi aims to play a valuable facilitating role in linking farmers to agricultural companies and other markets in ensuring that the services required in the building of sustainable partnerships are available.
- Farmers’ producer group formation and empowerment in different aspects along the value chain.
- Facilitation of contract farming arrangements.
- Gross Margin Analysis to establish price benchmarking.
- Business Awareness Training.
- Farming as a business.
- Establishment of B2B linkages
- Our vision is “ a rural society where small and medium agricultural producers have improved livelihoods.”
- Our mission is “ to empower women and men small and medium scale agricultural producers through market linkage facilitation, value chain facilitation, training and research while ensuring sustainable environment”.
- The core of Faida MaLi activities is to identify and promote business opportunities in rural areas and to support farmers in transforming the oportunities into economic activities that increase income and create employment.
- Faida MaLi strengthens farmers’ organizational and business management capacity, negotiation skills, decision making power and good agricultural practices (GAP) in order to produce high quality and quantity of produce and to maintain long-term business contracts.