Beekeeper Economic Empowerment (BEE) Project.
To reduce poverty among poor communities in the Tabora region of Tanzania.
To enable small-scale farmers in the Urambo and Sikonge districts of Tabora to earn increased income from trade in honey and bees wax products.
- 27 producer Primary Cooperative Societies are functioning & 22 local service providers were trained.
- Formation of Tanzania Beekeepers Cooperative Union (TABECU) of which the 27 Primary Cooperative Societies are founding members.
- 2 modern honey collection and marketing centers were built.
- 793 small holder honey producers in Urambo and Sikonge Districts linked to Honey Care (T) Ltd and DIFROA Limited.
- 669 Beekeepers capacities built in the aspects of organizational, entrepreneurial, technical and contractual.
- 44 Primary Cooperative Societies’ leaders capacitated on Financial Management and Good Governance.