What We Do
The Faida MaLi team carries out consultancies and implements donor funded projects in providing market linkage services. We facilitate contracts between smallholder producers and agricultural companies, bringing together actors from both supply and demand sides to catalyse a specific enterprise development.
All this is achieved through a number of activities
- Facilitation of the whole market linkage approach through value chain development process in specified locations for specified agricultural produce by the application of the “Faida10 Step Market Linkage Approach”.
- Farmers’ producer group formation and empowerment in different aspects along the value chain.
- Gross Margin Analysis to establish price benchmarking.
- Business Awareness Training.
- Farming as a business.
- Farmers exchange visits (to enhance hands on practical learning).
- Facilitation to attend trade fair/exhibitions (promotion) for farmers, farmers associations, companies/processors and traders targeting regional and national events.
- Establishment of B2B linkages (business to business in the farming communities).
- Establishment of Check-off systems for optimum service provision to small and medium scale farmers.
- Capacity building through technical video production and dissemination by the application of High-tech – PICO equipment.
- Capacity Building in organizational, entrepreneurial, marketing, technical, farm planning aspects on behalf of other development organizations; local and international.