Enhancing systemic change in sunflower subsector for sustained actors income
Capacity building to farmer groups and associations on organisational management, farming as a business, marketing and financial skills. Linkage to output markets, input suppliers (Hybrid sunflower seeds), financial services and GAP (through FFS and ICT) to 30,000 sunflower producers and processors groups, in post-harvest management technologies and skills for value addition initiatives
To facilitate pro-poor contractual arrangements structured, negotiated across farmers, small-scale processors and large processors/buyers.
To enhance capacity of service providers to provide bundled services targeted to 30,000 beneficiaries.
To enhance demand for bundled services by farmers and small-scale processors.
To enhance Governance and Management of farmers and processor associations; farmer enterprises registered to do farming as a business and participate in lobbying and advocacy issues hindering performance of sunflower sub-sector in the regional.
- 32,000 SHFs reached
- 3,020 SHF Benefited from seed loan amounting to 3.1MT
- Increased purchase of Hybrid seeds(3KG-3,332KG)
- 54 hand Planters Machine purchased by SHF’s
- 46 contracts signed with (5) Buyers: More than 3,017 sunflower farmers benefited Singida region
- Sunflower seed loan of 3.8MT were offered by Pyxus Co. Ltd
- A total of 111,540KGs of sunflower seeds were sold to Pyxus Tanzania Limited Company at average price of Tsh.800/KG; Hence a total of Tsh.89, 232, 000/= have been paid to smallholders’ farmers.
- 3.9MT of seeds were purchased on cash (E.A Seed 1.7MT , 1.2MT from Bytrade and 1.0MT from Silver-land).